Customize your prompt with Starship written in Rust
Minimalism and speed!
Starship is a minimalistic, lightning-fast and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- Customizable: Configure every aspect of your prompt.
- Universal: works in any shell, on any operating system.
- Smart: Shows relevant information quickly.
- Rich in features: support for all your favorite tools.
- Easy: quick to install - get started in minutes.
How to install
First of all you will need to have the Fira Code font installed. Then just run this command in your terminal:
The output will be something like:
sudopassword was requested
After that, as in the same output of the image above, just run the command:
Example for ZSH:
To load Starship automatically when opening the shell enter in your shell’s configuration file, example for
It is available for Bash, FISH, PowerShell, Ion, TCSH and others.
If you want to configure the prompt as you wish, see this link
Below is an example gif of Starship