How to Install C# on Any GNU/Linux Distro
CSharp is a strongly typed, multiparadigm programming language developed by Microsoft as part of the .NET platform.
C# is a strong-type, multiparadigm programming language developed by Microsoft as part of the .NET platform.
Its syntax is object-oriented and was based on C++, but it includes many influences from other programming languages, such as Object Pascal and, mainly, Java, the latter being its biggest competitor.
In this article we will see how to install on any Distribution GNU/Linux .
01. Download the Bash installation script
or with cURL
02. Give execute permission with
03. Run the script to install the latest version
04. Enable CSharp for all users
Although it’s optional, it’s good to make the command global, this will be good for many circumstances!
05. Enter the binary path to your
$PATH and for CSharp to find the root document
Run the three commands below in order:
06. Test the
07. Create a test Hello, World!, and run it!
Create a new project
Enter the project, compile and run: